Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 06/17] hook: implement hookcmd.<name>.skip

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 14:57:18 -0800

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 07:40:30PM -0800, Jonathan Tan wrote:
> 
> > If a user wants a specific repo to skip execution of a hook which is set
> > at a global or system level, they can now do so by specifying 'skip' in
> > their repo config:
> 
> Usually the present tense describes the situation before the commit, so
> maybe s/they can now do so/they will be able to do so/.

Sure.

> 
> > -static void append_or_move_hook(struct list_head *head, const char *command)
> > +static struct hook* find_hook_by_command(struct list_head *head, const char *command)
> 
> "* " -> " *"

Thanks.

> 
> [snip tests]
> 
> For the tests, I thought of the case in which we skip a hookcmd that was
> never specified as a hook, but that's probably not very useful.

Ah, it might be useful to make sure we don't choke trying to remove
something that isn't there - I'll add one.

By the way, I got feedback from Googlers using config hooks that "skip"
isn't actually documented anywhere public-facing. For v8 I've added a
section on it to Documentation/git-hook.txt as well as to
Documentation/config/hook.txt.

 - Emily