Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 00/12] Simple IPC Mechanism

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 02:59:53 -0500

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 11:39:39AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> "Jeff Hostetler via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Here is V4 of my "Simple IPC" series. It addresses Gábor's comment WRT
> > shutting down the server to make unit tests more predictable on CI servers.
> > (https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked])
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > cc: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason [email-masked] cc: Jeff Hostetler
> > [email-masked] cc: Jeff King [email-masked] cc: Chris Torek
> > [email-masked]
> 
> It seems that the discussions around the topic has mostly done
> during the v2 review, and has quieted down since then.
> 
> Let's merge it down to 'next'?

Sorry, I hadn't gotten around to looking at the latest version. I left
another round of comments. Some of them are arguably bikeshedding, but
there's at least one I think we'd want to address (the big stack buffer
in patch 1).

I also haven't carefully looked at the simple-ipc design at all; my
focus has just been on the details of socket and pktline code being
touched. Since there are no simple-ipc users yet, and since it's
internal and would be easy to change later, I'm mostly content for Jeff
to proceed as he sees fit and iterate on it as necessary.

-Peff