Subject: Re: Found error in documentation, looking for advice on how to start contributing

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 16:31:11 -0800

On Thu, Mar 04, 2021 at 06:04:01PM -0600, Dominik Lameter wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi and welcome!

> 
> I don't know if this is the place for this question, let me know if I
> should send it elsewhere.
> 
> I was reading a portion of the documentation today and found a
> paragraph out of place in my local documentation, as well as on
> https://git-scm.com/docs/git-log and in the git/git GitHub repository.
> I have never contributed to an open source project before and I think
> this would be a simple place to start. I've read through the readme
> and Documentation/SubmittingPatches document, however with the
> https://github.com/git/git repository being publish only, what git
> repository do I base my changes on for documentation patches?

I think the My First Contribution guide can help you, especially if you
start from here:
https://git-scm.com/docs/MyFirstContribution#add-documentation

(The rest of the guide before that anchor may also be useful to you, but
not specifically for a documentation change.)

This is definitely the right list, so do write back if you have
questions that aren't answered by that guide.

 - Emily