Subject: Re: Possible to use git over custom ssh libraries?

From: "brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 21:53:46 +0000

On 2021-03-05 at 14:22:42, Stef Bon wrote:
> Hi Bryan,
> 
> thanks for your reaction. Git itself can thus deal with a different
> ssh implementation, only I cannot use that for
> my fuse fs. I need I library which "talks" git.
> 
> What is libgit2 in this context? Is it a library which uses the git
> internals, or is git self written in libgit2?
> And can I use that to use custom ssh libraries and build a fuse fs with it?

libgit2 is an independent implementation of Git as a library.  Git and
libgit2 generally don't share code, although some code has been copied
from one to the other.  It supports SSH using libssh2, although you
could probably patch it to use a different library.

That's the only general purpose C-compatible implementation of Git as a
library that I'm aware of.
-- 
brian m. carlson (he/him or they/them)
Houston, Texas, US