Subject: Re: Random GitHub Actions added to git/git???

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 12:23:07 -0400

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 08:41:32PM -0400, Taylor Blau wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 05:29:36PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > I suspect that these other ones come from "pull requests" random
> > people threw at us that never hit our tree, with changes to the
> > .github/workflows/ directory in these PR.
> >
> > I find them quite distracting.
>
> That's what I'd expect, too, but I'm not sure. I asked the people who
> would know, and I'll reply back here once I have an answer.

The answer is that every workflow that was run in either (a) any branch
of a repository, or (b) in any pull requests against that repository
will show up in that list.

As Dscho noted lower in the thread, all of the ones on git/git are spam.
>From my conversation with the Actions folk, it sounds like we don't hide
these currently, but they are planning on doing it soon. So they will
disappear eventually, but not before it's implemented.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Taylor