Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 0/8] rev-list: implement object type filter

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 02:17:32 +0100

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 04:15:39PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I think the only remaining issues are the comments on 5/8 on tests,
> > then?  Hopefully we can have one more iteration to finalize the
> > topic and merge it down to 'next'?
> >
> > Thanks.
> 
> I guess not.  I am guessing this topic is responsible for
> 
>   https://github.com/git/git/runs/2366364023?check_suite_focus=true#step:4:115

Yes, I noticed this a few days ago, and tried the obvious fix (ie to
#include "cache.h" at the start of the list-objects-filter-options.h
header file) which does indeed work fine. However, I then thought that
moving the definition of 'enum object_type' (along with the TYPE_BITS
#define) to the 'object.h' header file (and #include "object.h" into
cache.h) would be a better idea...

Having done that, I wondered how many '#include "cache.h"' could be
replaced by "object.h", and ... well, that was a few days ago and
something came up...

ATB,
Ramsay Jones