Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 01/30] hook: add 'run' subcommand

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 15:13:40 -0700

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 11:36:26AM +0200, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> > Overall, I think I like the direction your reroll is going - I've needed
> > some time to process it. Hopefully I'll be able to get through all or
> > most of the series this week, but there's a lot going on here, too. I'll
> > do what I can. Thanks for the help.
> 
> Yeah, will reply to any qusetions etc; and as noted above my initial
> goal here was "hey, what about this approach", so if you wanted to pick
> this up & run with it...
> 
> This particular version of the series is at github.com/avar/git.git's
> es-avar/config-based-hooks-3 b.t.w.

Have finished scanning through the rest of the series, and I think I
understand your goal a little better - you are not saying "let me take
over and drive this part of the feature set", which is what I thought
initially. Instead, you seem to be saying "let's chop it up this way
instead".

I don't dislike the reorganization, but I do still wonder whether it's
a setback to the progress the original series had made. I guess it is
hard to know - I had thought the original series was pretty much ready
to go in, therefore making "what if we ordered it this way" moot. But it
seems that you disagree.

Anyway, I do hear also that you don't have interest in driving this
subset to completion, and that's fine. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll keep thinking on this over the weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

 - Emily