Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/24] multi-pack reachability bitmaps

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 10:36:53 -0400

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:06:21AM +0200, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jun 21 2021, Taylor Blau wrote:
>
> > Thanks in advance for your review, and sorry for the wait.
>
> Thanks for working on this, exciting feature!
>
> Just a note on my comments on this. I left them after some light reading
> and would describe them as some combination of "musings", "shallow",
> "nit-y" and "bikesheddy".

Thanks for your review. It did help me catch some important issues, like
referring to ctx->m.pack_names[i] when a read at "i" may have been
invalid.

> I.e. I did not have time (or I feel, the familiarity) to give this
> series the sort of review it actually deserves as far as the actual
> important bits go, i.e. nits aside whether this feature works and
> behaves as desired. Sorry, but hopefully at least some of comments were
> somewhat useful anyway.

They were useful indeed. I'll sit on the changes locally since most of
them are pretty benign and I think subsequent review could be done on
top of v2 without seeing my local changes.

I know that reviewing this is on Peff's list of things to do, but there
are competing priorities (and we have all-company meetings this week, so
I would not be surprised to see a lack of movement until at least next
week).

Thanks,
Taylor