Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] perf: fix when running with TEST_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:52:22 +0200

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 04:25:29AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 03:56:08PM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
[snip]
> > diff --git a/t/perf/perf-lib.sh b/t/perf/perf-lib.sh
> > index 601d9f67dd..f5ed092ee5 100644
> > --- a/t/perf/perf-lib.sh
> > +++ b/t/perf/perf-lib.sh
> > @@ -45,7 +45,7 @@ export TEST_DIRECTORY TRASH_DIRECTORY GIT_BUILD_DIR GIT_TEST_CMP
> >  MODERN_GIT=$GIT_BUILD_DIR/bin-wrappers/git
> >  export MODERN_GIT
> >  
> > -perf_results_dir=$TEST_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY/test-results
> > +perf_results_dir=$TEST_RESULTS_DIR
> 
> This line puzzled me a bit. Isn't $TEST_RESULTS_DIR already defined to
> be $TEST_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY/test-results? If the change here is just for
> clarity / readability that's OK by me. I just want to make sure I'm not
> missing something.

Yes it is, and IIRC the change was just for clarity as you assume. The
logic to derive the results directory was essentially duplicated across
perf-lib.sh and test-lib.sh without much of a reason, given that we
always set TEST_RESULTS_DIR in test-lib.sh.

Thanks for your review!

Patrick