Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/5] commit-graph: define common usage with a macro

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:29:00 -0400

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 09:58:05AM +0200, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> Share the usage message between these three variables by using a
> macro. Before this new options needed to copy/paste the usage
> information, see e.g. 809e0327f5 (builtin/commit-graph.c: introduce
> '--max-new-filters=<n>', 2020-09-18).
>
> See b25b727494f (builtin/multi-pack-index.c: define common usage with
> a macro, 2021-03-30) for another use of this pattern (but on-list this
> one came first).

I don't have a strong opinion, but I believe Jonathan Tan suggested that
we move the #define's out-of-line with their variable declarations back
in [1].

I think that what you wrote here is fine, but I tend to agree with
Jonathan that the version we ended up with in the tree is cleaner and a
little easier to read (albeit a few more lines).

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Thanks,
Taylor