Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2021, #02; Tue, 3)

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 21:37:16 -0400

On Wed, Aug 04, 2021 at 12:03:02AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> * tb/multi-pack-bitmaps (2021-07-27) 25 commits
>
>  The reachability bitmap file used to be generated only for a single
>  pack, but now we've learned to generate bitmaps for history that
>  span across multiple packfiles.
>
>  Comments?

Peff completed a thorough review of the most substantial patches. We
found a few issues, which I addressed in v3. I'd like to have him read
through the tests, although I expect there to be far fewer changes
there, so I would anticipate that v4 would be suitable for merging.

But let's definitely wait until post-release to move this along further,
since we should be dedicating our efforts to polishing the release until
then. Feel free to eject it in the meantime if it's more convenient

Thanks,
Taylor