Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 00/25] multi-pack reachability bitmaps

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 18:41:26 -0400

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 05:21:44PM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 05:19:21PM -0400, Taylor Blau wrote:
>
> > Thanks in advance for your review. I think Peff still wanted to read through
> > patches 16-25, but that the first 15 or so should be in pretty good shape by
> > now.
>
> I think this is looking pretty close. There's the close_midx() thing
> discussed in patch 9 that I think we need to deal with. In the tests, I
> found some little nits. Nothing serious, but some of it at least is
> worth fixing.

Thanks; I think I fixed everything up that you mentioned. The big deals
were about close_object_store() versus close_midx(), and the changes to
t5326 in patch 18/25. I think the remaining comments on patches 19-25
were thinking aloud instead of recommending any changes.

> So I think with one more fairly trivial re-roll, we can think about
> merging this to 'next'.

Great. I have all of that prepared locally, but I'll wait until after
Monday to send it since I don't want to dilute the conversation away
from release hardening (I certainly don't mind your review, I just
figure folks would appreciate me *not* sending 25 new messages to their
inboxes ;-)).

> Thanks for your patience with my slow reviews, and for all your work on
> this. It's really quite a complicated topic. :)

Thanks for reviewing. I tried my best to break this series up from all
of the ones that it depends on, but there was only so much I could do to
isolate the complexity. I'm glad that it had a thorough set of eyes on
it.

I'll look forward to sending a hopefully-final reroll shortly after the
release so we can move onto a few more cosmetic topics on top to
integrate MIDX bitmaps more closely with `repack` and so on.

Thanks,
Taylor