Subject: Re: [PATCH 10/11] pack-bitmap-write.c: don't return without stop_progress()

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 00:32:51 -0400

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 11:39:34AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Looks good :) Just a note that this is in
> > "ab/only-single-progress-at-once" already in case you didn't spot it.
> >
> > That series is marked for "next?" (with a question mark) by Junio in the
> > latest what's cooking, so *hint* *hint* for any last minute review :)
>
> I wonder if it would help contributors if we give them a simple rule
> to follow before sending their patches out:
>
>  - You develop on an appropriate base (either on maint, or master,
>    or a merge of selected topics in flight you absolutely have to
>    depend on) as usual.

That seems like sensible advice to me. When I sent the series out last
night, I figured that it would be preferable to cherry-pick the commit
from Ævar's series, since it wasn't clear whether or not all or parts of
that series were actively moving forward (besides being marked as
"next?" in your What's Cooking email).

But I'll send the next iteration based on a combined merge of my topic
and Ævar's, and note your branch names for both of them clearly. To
encourage both of our topics to move forward, I'll throw Ævar's onto my
review queue.

Thanks,
Taylor