Subject: Re: Review process improvements

From: "brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 01:47:24 +0000

On 2021-12-20 at 11:22:32, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> E.g. I've often chimed in on changes to do withn how/whether something
> can/should be marked for translation. I added the i18n subsystem
> initiall, so for those cases interested parties would probably find me
> anyway, but I wouldn't mind being explicit about that. Ditto for people
> we consider the authority on certain subsystems, such as (this may not
> be any one person currently), refs, the index, SHA1<->SHA256 interop
> etc.

I have limited time for the list, but I also tend to pop in on certain
topics: the SHA-256 transition, commit and tag signing, authentication,
translations, and so on.  However, outside of the signing code, a lot of
that isn't centralized in one place.

I also wouldn't be able to commit to signing up for any subsystem in a
MAINTAINERS file, but I'm happy to be CC'd if folks think I'm
knowledgeable about something or if it's an area they think my opinion
would be valuable.

I can't speak for others, though, so I don't know if a MAINTAINERS-style
approach would be valuable for them.
-- 
brian m. carlson (he/him or they/them)
Toronto, Ontario, CA