Subject: Re: [BUG] Re: Git 2.35.0-rc0

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:00:15 -0500

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 09:57:57PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> > If your system doesn't have a modern-ish zlib, you may try building with that
> > knob, or upgrading your system's copy of zlib. And if NonStop doesn't have a
> > modern zlib available at all, we should modify the NonStop section of
> > config.mak.uname.
>
> There is no provision in reftable/block.c to avoid using uncompress2,
> so the knob will not help. Our zlibc is not that recent (as in it does
> not have uncompress2) and we cannot make the 2.35.0 timeframe to
> upgrade it. The current zlib seems to require gcc and is very
> difficult to port at this stage. This is a blocker situation.

NO_UNCOMPRESS2 does not avoid calling uncompress2, but instead compiles
a copy-and-pasted implementation in compat/ so that the function is
available.

Looking through it, I can't imagine that it wouldn't compile just fine
even on NonStop.

Have you tried building with NO_UNCOMPRESS2?

Thanks,
Taylor