Subject: Re: [PATCH 10/24] revisions API users: use release_revisions() in builtin/log.c

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 16:53:20 -0500

On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 02:16:40PM +0100, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> In the case of "format-patch" revert the addition of UNLEAK() in
> dee839a2633 (format-patch: mark rev_info with UNLEAK, 2021-12-16), and
> which will cause several tests that previously passed under
> "TEST_PASSES_SANITIZE_LEAK=true" to start failing.

Thanks for calling this out. When I skimmed the diff first, I wasn't
sure whether the change in t4126 was intentional or not. But this is
helpful context to indicate that it was.

> @@ -731,8 +737,7 @@ int cmd_show(int argc, const char **argv, const char *prefix)
>  			ret = error(_("unknown type: %d"), o->type);
>  		}
>  	}
> -	free(objects);
> -	return ret;
> +	return cmd_log_deinit(ret, &rev);
>  }

Here `objects` points at `rev.pending.objects`, and that is now freed
along the cmd_log_deinit() -> release_revision() -> object_array_clear()
path.

Makes sense, and the rest looks good, too.

Thanks,
Taylor