Subject: Re: [GSoC] Contributor candidate introduction

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 11:40:56 -0400

On Wed, Apr 06, 2022 at 07:41:35PM +0530, Shubham Mishra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As the topic begans, I think I should also give my updates. Last week
> I spend time around "Croaring" library and right now, I start working
> on the initial version of proposal which I am planning to share by end
> of this week. I think if it's possible to split it into two, We can
> look forward to it with I am okay with picking other project involving
> bitmap too but only issue, I have to start again from scratch :)

Sounds great; I think that having a proposal of how/if we should use
Roaring+Run bitmaps in Git will be useful in its own right.

I expect that it will generate some useful discussion, and provide a
good roadmap for any contributor to get started working on it. Let's see
how the proposal develops and adjust, split or not split the GSoC
project as necessary.

Thanks,
Taylor