Subject: git send-email with Protonmail Bridge

From: Solomon Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 03:57:18 +0000

Hi all!

Does anyone here use git send-email with Protonmail Bridge and face the
problem of missing `In-Reply-To` and `References` headers?

I am new to git send-email. I am learning how to use it to make my first
contribution to the Linux Kernel. I tried submitting a patchset, but I
realize that the patches are out of thread. Patches 1 and 2 have no
problem, but Patch 3 is missing the `In-Reply-To` and `References`
headers.
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/T/#t
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/T/#u
The git send-email log tells me that the `In-Reply-To` and `References`
headers were included when the mail was sent.

I did a couple more tests using `--in-reply-to` to explicitly set it.
The log tells me that the header was included, but it isnt there in the
test email address receiving it. Does anyone know how I can overcome
this problem?

Thank you!
Cheers,
Solomon