Subject: Re: [GSoC] Abhradeep's GSoC blogs (27 Jun, 2022 IST)

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 16:58:29 -0400

Hi Abhradeep,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 06:14:08PM +0530, Abhradeep Chakraborty wrote:
> Blog update
> ------------
>
> Title - GSoC Week 2: redesign the table format
> Blog link - https://medium.com/@abhra303/gsoc-week-2-redesign-the-table-format-829dae755a5

As usual, another great blog post! I think you did a nice job
summarizing the main discussion from reviewing the first round of your
patches.

You're exercising a good skill here, which is taking a big pile of
emails and figuring out what the main areas are that you need to
prioritize. That can be tricky, sometimes, since different reviewers
will tend to focus on different things, and may not even agree with each
other!

But I think you did a nice job teasing everything apart, and the v2 that
I've looked at already is a nice reflection of your work there.

I am glad that your work updating the series to the new format proved to
be an interesting challenge. I'm really happy with the result, so it was
definitely time well spent!

(One thing to keep in mind regarding the bug you fixed in `store_bitmap`
would be to ask why we weren't able to see that bug in CI. Assuming that
you encountered some other way, we should turn that into a test and make
sure that we don't regress there in the future).

Finally, your next steps sound interesting, and I'm looking forward to
seeing what you come up with! In the meantime, keep up the great work
:-).

Thanks,
Taylor