Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] blame: Make --show-name negatable

From: Rene Kita <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 11:08:14 +0200

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 10:56:31AM +0200, Øystein Walle wrote:
> Hi, Junio
> 
> > Not clear to this bystander what exactly is going on.  Is the patch
> > Rene relayed is your rough attempt that was incomplete?
> 
> Correct! I am the nice IRC that was mentioned in the cover letter. My
> improved patch is the one in the e-mail you responded to, apart from
> GMail's text wrapping that was unaware of until now.

That's my fault. I saw the corrected patch, but somehow used the old
one. Sorry!

> > Thanks.  Let's see if we can have an cleaned-up version with tests,
> > then.
> 
> I can send a corrected (and correctly formatted patch) for review,
> optionally with the docs squashed in with Rene's permission.

Of course.

> Maybe Rene would like to take a stab at writing tests? I am in the
> process of moving house and my usual workstation is not exactly
> online, so it'll be a while.

Yes, I can write a test. Will need to investigate, never worked with the
code base.