Subject: Re: Detecting squash-merged branches (and question about git-diff-tree)

From: Max Gautier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2024 16:51:20 +0100

> I’m working on a program/script to detect merged/squashed/rebased (or
> cherry-picked) refs.  Is it okay if I contact you if I finish it? ;)

Feel free to, yes

> 
> There’s also this program which says it can do the same thing (not tried):
> 
> https://github.com/foriequal0/git-trim
> 
> My program tries to be like a for-each-ref for merged etc. refs.
> More focused on reporting first since that can then be used for
> deletion or whatever else.

Hum, I'm wondering why it didn't find this earlier, I did search though.
It apparently use git commit-tree to create a temporary commit, and git
cherry on that to check if it's in the target branch.
I wonder if this wouldn't cause problems in case of conflicts though,
during the git commit-tree process ?

-- 
Max Gautier