Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/5] fetch-pack: expose `fetch_pack_config_cb()`

From: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2024 00:45:51 +0800

On Thu, Nov 21, 2024 at 02:41:18PM -0600, Justin Tobler wrote:
> During fetch-pack operations, git-index-pack(1) may be spawned and
> perform fsck checks. The message severity of these checks is
> configurable and propagated via appending it to the `--fsck-objects`
> option.
> 
> With `fetch_pack_config_cb()`, fsck configuration gets populated to a
> `fetch_pack_options`. Expose `fetch_pack_config_cb()`, to facilitate
> formatted fsck message configuration generation. In a subsequent commit,
> this is used to wire message configuration to `unbundle()` during bundle
> fetches.
> 

In my perspective, we may not separate [PATCH 4/5] and [PATCH 5/5].
Should the reason why we want to expose `fetch_pack_config_cb` is that
we need to propagate the fsck severity to `unbundle`? Without the
information of the last patch, we cannot know any detail thing. So, they
are highly relevant.

However, from the comment of the Junio, there are a lot of things need
to be changed. So, just a comment.

Thanks,
Jialuo