Subject: [PATCH 00/10] add more ref consistency checks

From: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2025 21:46:58 +0800

Hi all:

This patch mainly does the following three things:

1. Add some extra checks which I have ignored in the previous patches
   for files-backend in
2. Add ref checks for packed-backend.
   1. Check whether the type of "packed-refs" is correct.
   2. Check whether the syntax of "packed-refs" is correct by using the
      rules from "packed-backend.c::create_snapshot" and
      "packed-backend.c::next_record".
   3. Check whether the pointed object exists and whether the
      "packed-refs" file is sorted.
3. Call "git refs verify" for "git-fsck(1)".

Although I am not mentored by Patrick and Karthik in this patch. I'd
like to add "Mentored-by" filed for them due to the reason that I
continue my GSoC work.

Thanks,
Jialuo

shejialuo (10):
  files-backend: add object check for regular ref
  builtin/refs.h: get worktrees without reading head info
  packed-backend: check whether the "packed-refs" is regular
  packed-backend: add "packed-refs" header consistency check
  packed-backend: check whether the refname contains NULL binaries
  packed-backend: add "packed-refs" entry consistency check
  packed-backend: create "fsck_packed_ref_entry" to store parsing info
  packed-backend: add check for object consistency
  packed-backend: check whether the "packed-refs" is sorted
  builtin/fsck: add `git refs verify` child process

 Documentation/fsck-msgids.txt |  22 ++
 builtin/fsck.c                |  28 +++
 builtin/refs.c                |   2 +-
 fsck.h                        |   8 +
 refs/files-backend.c          |  54 ++++-
 refs/packed-backend.c         | 413 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 t/t0602-reffiles-fsck.sh      | 209 +++++++++++++++++
 worktree.c                    |   5 +
 worktree.h                    |   6 +
 9 files changed, 723 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)

-- 
2.47.1