Subject: Re: Git in GSoC 2025

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2025 12:09:34 +0100

On Mon, Jan 20, 2025 at 09:19:53AM +0100, Christian Couder wrote:
> > As usual,
> > we also need project ideas to refresh our idea page from last year
> > (https://git.github.io/SoC-2024-Ideas/). Feel free to share your
> > thoughts and discuss. It would be great if we could come up with a good
> > mix of small, medium and large projects.
> 
> It might be nice if we could refresh our microproject idea list too.
> Maybe we could add ideas related to removing the_repository or
> compiling with -Wsign-compare?

Yes, agreed, both of these projects make sense to me.

I was wondering whether it might make sense to also move the list of
microprojects into the Git project itself, e.g. as something like
"Documentation/Projects.txt". This would make it easier for us to update
the list of long-running projects whenever a new project is added and
makes it easier for people to discover it.

It would also help to document consensus in the Git project. The file
would likely not always be 100% accurate, but it'd probably be more so
compared to tracking it out of our tree.

Patrick