Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/9] meson: wire up fuzzers

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2025 11:31:13 +0100

On Mon, Jan 13, 2025 at 09:48:07AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Meson does not yet know to build our fuzzers. Introduce a new build
> > option "fuzzers" and wire up the fuzzers in case it is enabled. Adapt
> > our CI jobs so that they build the fuzzers by default.
> 
> Nice.  We have shipped a feature release with bunch of meson.build
> files, but it has known holes we need to fill, and this is one of
> the missing things.  Let's make it a goal to achieve feature parity
> within two releases---if we can do so in one release cycle, that
> would be great ;-)

Yeah, I already had a couple of features planned for this release cycle
anyway, most importantly static analysis. I'll have to take a look at
which other features are still missing -- hints are welcome.

One of the known omissions is most of "contrib/" and "gitk/". I'm not
sure whether these should be included or not. For the former I'm leaning
into the direction of not doing it, but can do so if others disagree
with me. For the latter I'd leave it up to Johannes to decide (cc'd).

Patrick