Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/10] compat/zlib: allow use of zlib-ng as backend

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2025 17:25:27 +0100

On Wed, Jan 15, 2025 at 10:50:36AM -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2025 at 06:45:31AM +0100, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> > I have in fact started using b4, as it makes most of the tedious
> > housekeeping around patch series go away, and it indeed uses
> > `--full-index` to generate patches. There isn't any way to change that,
> > but I'll send a patch upstream that gives us an option to do so.
> 
> This was done as part of this change:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/b4/b4.git/commit/?id=23a9ddba10a057bfa9c438c0b50ac36d278ae022
> 
> I'm not sure why --full-index was added there -- I don't think it's needed for
> --binary? Please feel free to send a fix for that.

No, it shouldn't be needed. `--binary` implies `--full-index` for that
particular binary diff anyway. I'll send a patch.

> > My last patches haven't gotten any feedback though, so let's see how it
> > goes.
> 
> I had to focus on infrastructure needs over the past few months, but I'm
> starting on my b4 backlog soon.

Fair enough, thanks!

Patrick