Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] advice: add diverging advice

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 11:03:55 -0500

Hi Felipe,

On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 08:48:32PM -0600, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Not all our users are experts in git who understand their configurations
> perfectly, some might be stuck in a simple error:
>
>   Not possible to fast-forward, aborting.
>
> That's not very friendly.
>
> Let's add a bit more advice in case the user doesn't know what's going
> on.

Thanks for improving this case. I think the new advice() is reasonable
and will be helpful for users who might otherwise get stuck here.

I don't think that splitting it into two separate patches was strictly
necessary. If I were queuing, I'd probably squash the two together, but
I leave that one to Junio to figure out ;-).

Thanks,
Taylor