Subject: Feature Request - Better i18n support

From: Emir SARI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 15:56:21 +0300

Greetings,

Git is translated into many languages, but as far as I can see, it does not
take localisation formats into account nor it allows them to be translated
into localised formats.

For instance, in Turkish (and in French AFAIK), percentages are indicated
in different formats. In Turkish it precedes the number like %54. However,
all the percentages use the standard 54%. By marking these as translatable,
we could easily provide the correct formats.

Another thing is the decimal signs. In many languages, a comma (,) is used to
indicate decimals, however Git does not allow another formats. I am not sure
how to achieve this in C, but it would be great to have this in order to have
an errorless professional look in Git outputs.

Thank you very much for your attention.

[Sistem Bilgisi]
git sürümü:
git version 2.39.2
cpu: x86_64
no commit associated with this build
sizeof-long: 8
sizeof-size_t: 8
shell-path: /bin/sh
feature: fsmonitor--daemon
uname: Darwin 22.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 22.3.0: Mon Jan 30 20:42:11 PST 2023; root:xnu-8792.81.3~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
derleyici bilgisi: clang: 14.0.0 (clang-1400.0.29.202)
libc bilgisi: libc bilgisi yok
$SHELL (typically, interactive shell): /bin/zsh