Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] pack-bitmap: boundary-based bitmap traversal

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 19:52:10 -0400

On Mon, May 01, 2023 at 03:08:30PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Here is a short (but dense) series that I worked on towards the end of
> > 2021 with Peff.
>
> The topic gathered interest on the day it was posted but after 24
> hours or so activities seem to have quieted down.  Are we expecting
> a polished version?  Or did it open a can of worms that is a bit
> larger than we want to deal with and the topic is left on backburner?

We are expecting a polished version ;-). Though I haven't gotten to it
as soon as I had hoped. I should have something on the list tomorrow,
though.

But, no, the can of worms is as expected here, and I need to provide
some more thorough explanation (e.g., we can collect UNINTERESTING
commits in limit_list() only because we only need to walk down to the
first UNINTERESTING commit common to both sides, and no further).

Sorry for the delay, more soon.

Thanks,
Taylor