Subject: Re: [PATCH 04/15] ref-filter: add ref_filter_clear()

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 15:11:48 -0400

On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 05:14:49PM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2023 at 05:59:52PM -0400, Taylor Blau wrote:
> > From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
> >
> > We did not bother to clean up at all in branch/tag, and for-each-ref
> > only hit a few elements. So this is probably cleaning up leaks, but I
> > didn't check yet.
>
> Nit: it sounds like there still is the intent to check whether this does
> fix leaks. How about updating the commit message to either not mention
> the intent or perform the check?

Oops. Thanks for the reminder. Peff sent this patch to me while we were
working on this topic together, and I forgot to come back and actually
perform this check.

Luckily, it helps out quite a bit:

   t/t0041-usage.sh                          |  1 +
   t/t2016-checkout-patch.sh                 |  1 +
   t/t3402-rebase-merge.sh                   |  1 +
   t/t3407-rebase-abort.sh                   |  1 +
   t/t4058-diff-duplicates.sh                |  2 ++
   t/t5407-post-rewrite-hook.sh              |  1 +
   t/t5811-proto-disable-git.sh              |  2 ++
   t/t6001-rev-list-graft.sh                 |  1 +
   t/t7008-filter-branch-null-sha1.sh        |  1 +
   t/t7408-submodule-reference.sh            |  2 ++
   t/t9502-gitweb-standalone-parse-output.sh |  1 +

11 new leak-free tests! I'll take it ;-).

Thanks,
Taylor