Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/3] pack-bitmap: boundary-based bitmap traversal

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 19:10:22 -0400

On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 03:55:54PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Here is another small reroll of my series to implement a boundary-based
> > bitmap traversal algorithm that I worked on towards the end of 2021 with
> > Peff.
> >
> > The algorithm is the same as in the last round, though I cleaned up a
> > few things throughout thanks to another very helpful review from Stolee.
> >
> > One significant change from last time is that the new algorithm is
> > opt-in behind feature.experimental, giving users a way to try out the
> > new implementation while still being able to switch back to the
> > known-good traversal in case anything goes wrong.
>
> It seems that the comments the topic received on the previous round
> have all been addressed adequately?  Does everybody feel comfortable
> merging this topic to 'next'?

Thanks. I agree and think that this is ready to merge down. Even though
it is changing the traversal algorithm, it should be relatively safe to
merge since the new behavior is hidden behind an opt-in configuration
option.

Thanks,
Taylor