Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/8] Repack objects into separate packfiles based on a filter

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 19:10:28 -0400

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 10:59:01AM +0200, Christian Couder wrote:
> # Changes since version 2
>
> Thanks to Junio who reviewed both version 1 and 2, and to Taylor who
> reviewed version 1! The changes are the following:

Apologies for not getting to the second version sooner! It fell off of
my post-vacation to-do list, and I'm only just getting to the third
round.

Overall I am happy with the direction here and think that this is on
the right track. The major points (using --stdin-packs to implement the
complementary pack, the behavior of --filter-to, etc.) all look good to
me.

But I think there are a handful of smaller issues that we may want to at
least discuss first. If so, I think that a handful of them merit a
reroll. But I imagine that that rerolled version would be ready to get
picked up.

Thanks,
Taylor