Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Virtual Contributor's Summit 2023

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 16:10:25 -0400

On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 10:56:35AM -0700, Emily Shaffer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 11:00 AM Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > >   http://bit.ly/git-contributors-summit-2023
>
> Since it's virtual this year, my team is considering hosting a "watch
> party" in Silicon Valley, to get at least a few folks to be able to
> meet face to face, even though we can't travel. Basically, we'd book a
> conference room at some Google office, invite local contributors to
> come along, and dial into the summit from that room - nothing fancy,
> no extra programming, maybe catering.

Sounds fun, thanks for organizing. I think my only request would be that
attendees sign up through the forms linked above, and that we limit
attendees to folks who meet the criteria (active Git contributor, or
planning on becoming one).

> Before we make any solid plans it would help to know how many people
> would be interested in such a thing. If you're already planning to
> attend the summit and would be interested in attending such a thing,
> could you direct-reply and let me know?

I wouldn't be able to make it, but I hope that others do.

Thanks,
Taylor