Subject: Re: 2.43 release date adjustment?

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 14:37:06 -0400

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 09:20:33AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > Should we consider pushing back the release to the week after
> > Thanksgiving, say on 2023-11-27? This cycle is already somewhat long so
> > we could move the release up to 2023-11-13, but I think it would be
> > nice to have folks around in case of any brown paper-bag fixes.
>
> I am not sure how it would help to place the release day immediately
> after the off-week everybody has stayed off the keyboard, though.  I
> would prefer to see fully working weeks during the pre-release
> period so that people can work on last minute regression fixes, so I
> hoped it would work much better to release before the holiday week
> begins, rather than after it ends.

Perhaps then we should shorten this cycle by a week and plan to cut the
release on 2023-11-13.

That gives us a full working week to catch any bugs, and gives everybody
a nice break before starting on 2.44. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Taylor