Subject: Re: [PATCH] treewide: fix various bugs w/ OpenSSL 3+ EVP API

From: Oswald Buddenhagen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 08:46:43 +0200

On Fri, Sep 01, 2023 at 02:09:28AM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
>@@ -1202,7 +1203,9 @@ static void parse_pack_objects(unsigned char *hash)
> 
> 	/* Check pack integrity */
> 	flush();
>+	the_hash_algo->init_fn(&tmp_ctx);
>
does it make sense (and doesn't it potentially even cause a leak) to 
init the target before cloning into it? at least the fallback simply 
memcpy()s over it.

>@@ -669,7 +670,9 @@ int cmd_unpack_objects(int argc, const char **argv, const char *prefix UNUSED)
> 	the_hash_algo->init_fn(&ctx);
> 	unpack_all();
> 	the_hash_algo->update_fn(&ctx, buffer, offset);
>+	the_hash_algo->init_fn(&tmp_ctx);
>
ditto

>+	the_hash_algo->clone_fn(&tmp_ctx, &ctx);
>+	the_hash_algo->final_oid_fn(&oid, &tmp_ctx);

regards