Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Virtual Contributor's Summit 2023

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 12:29:45 -0400

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 02:23:36PM -0400, Taylor Blau wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> As I mentioned a ~month ago[1], GitHub is not hosting an in-person Git
> Merge this year. Instead, we're focusing our efforts on hosting a
> Virtual Contributor's Summit, the details of which are below.
>
>   - We'll host the Contributor's Summit on either Zoom or Microsoft
>     Teams (since GitHub is in the process of transitioning from the
>     former to the latter).
>
>   - The schedule/duration is not fixed, there are options to vote on
>     preferred days, length, and timezones in the form(s) below.
>
>   - To participate, you must be either (a) an active Git contributor,
>     (b) planning on contributing soon, or (c) working on a Git-related
>     project that has interest in Git's internals. If you aren't sure
>     whether or not you are welcome, please ask!

Now that most folks have filled out the forms, it looks like the winning
dates are 2029-09-26 and 2023-09-27. Among those dates, there was a
pretty even split between preferring a single day (with 9 votes), and
preferring two days (with 8 votes).

Let's plan on meeting on both:

  - 2023-09-26: from 10am to 2pm CDT (UTC-5)
  - 2023-09-27: from 10am to 2pm CDT (UTC-5)

The meeting will be hosted on Zoom, and I'll email folks separately
off-list with the meeting URL and passcode to join.

If you have any topics you'd like to discuss or lead, make sure to add
them to the "Topics" sheet at:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EnhmTeEqRBlEI2pMAO3oZ4rO1xEwBzYp2vS4CMtvge8

Between now and then, please also feel free to share any thoughts on how
we should schedule topics, organize note-takers, make sure the discussion
keeps flowing and includes everybody, etc.

See you then!

Thanks,
Taylor