Subject: Re: [PATCH] chore: fix typo in .clang-format comment

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 15:09:00 -0400

On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 12:12:43PM +0900, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 08:23:07PM +0000, Aditya Neelamraju via GitGitGadget wrote:
> >> From: Aditya Neelamraju <[email-masked]>
> >
> > We typically prefix commit messages with the subject area they're
> > working in, not with "chore", or "feat" like some Git workflows
> > recommend.
> > ...
> > That said, the contents of this patch look obviously correct to me.
> > Thanks for noticing and fixing!
>
> As a comment for a new contributor, it is a bit unhelpful not to
> suggest what the "subject area" string we would use if we were
> working on this patch, I think.

Good suggestion. I would have suggested "clang-format", which is
exactly Aditya ended up choosing, anyway. Thanks, Aditya!

> I also suspected that valuve may be a valid word in some language,
> as the indentation in the example looked as if the six-letter word
> was meant, not typoed.  https://www.gasolineravaluve.com/ was one
> of the first hits I saw in my search ;-)

;-)

Thanks,
Taylor