Subject: Re: [PATCH] commit-graph: fix memory leak when not writing graph

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 08:08:52 +0100

On Fri, Jan 05, 2024 at 02:11:22PM -0500, Taylor Blau wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 11:02:28AM +0100, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> > When `write_commit_graph()` bails out writing a split commit-graph early
> > then it may happen that we have already gathered the set of existing
> > commit-graph file names without yet determining the new merged set of
> > files. This can result in a memory leak though because we only clear the
> > preimage of files when we have collected the postimage.
> >
> > Fix this issue by dropping the condition altogether so that we always
> > try to free both preimage and postimage filenames. As the context
> > structure is zero-initialized this simplification is safe to do.
> 
> Looks obviously good to me, thanks for finding and fixing.

Cc'ing Junio so that this fix doesn't fall off the radar. I thought I
saw the topic in "seen" once, but either I misremember or it got dropped
from there.

Patrick