Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2024, #01; Tue, 2)

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 15:37:24 -0500

Hi Gábor,

On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 12:41:34AM +0100, SZEDER Gábor wrote:
> > In any case, here's the patch on top (with a lightly modified version of
> > the test you wrote in <[email-masked]>:
>
> I certainly hope that I'm just misunderstanding, and you don't
> actually imply that this one test in its current form would qualify as
> thorough testing... :)

I hear what you're saying, though I think that the interesting behavior
that would be most likely to regress is the transition between different
Bloom filter settings/hash-version across split commit-graph layers.

We have extensive tests on either "side" of this transition for both v1
and v2 Bloom filters, so I'm not sure what we'd want to add there. Like
I said, the transition is the primary (previously-)untested area of this
code that I would want to ensure is covered to protect against
regressions.

I think that the most recent round of this series accomplishes that
goal.

Thanks,
Taylor