Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] ci: add macOS jobs to GitLab CI

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 08:34:28 +0100

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 02:58:53PM +0000, Phillip Wood wrote:
> Hi Patrick
> 
> On 15/01/2024 11:45, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> > Add two macOS-based jobs to GitLab CI, one for Clang and one for GCC.
> 
> This doesn't match whats in the rest of the commit message where you explain
> why there is no gcc job. The patch itself looks good to me and it is nice
> that we'll now be testing on arm64 with the GitLab runners.

Oops. In my first iterations I still had an osx-gcc job, but I could not
get it passing due to the architectural difficulties explained in the
message, so I ended up removing it. This sentence is thus a leftover
from previous iterations.

> > This matches equivalent jobs we have for GitHub Workflows, except that
> > we use macOS 14 instead of macOS 13.
> > 
> > Note that one test marked as `test_must_fail` is surprisingly passing:
> > 
> >    t7815-grep-binary.sh                             (Wstat: 0 Tests: 22 Failed: 0)
> >      TODO passed:   12
> > 
> > This seems to boil down to an unexpected difference in how regcomp(1)
> 
> nit: regcomp(3)?

Indeed, thanks!

Patrick