Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/7] reftable/record: avoid copying author info

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:10:00 +0100

On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 12:09:23PM +1100, James Liu wrote:
> On Tue Mar 5, 2024 at 11:11 PM AEDT, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> > Each reflog entry contains information regarding the authorship of who
> > has made the change. This authorship information is not the same as that
> > of any of the commits that the reflog entry references, but instead
> > corresponds to the local user that has executed the command. Thus, it is
> > almost always the case that all reflog entries have the same author.
> 
> What are your thoughts on simplifying this explanation a little bit? I
> gave it a try below:
> 
> Each reflog entry contains authorship information indicating who has made
> the change. The author here corresponds to the local user who has executed
> the command rather than the author of the referenced commits. Thus, it is
> almost always the case that all reflog entries have the same author.

That would've been a bit shorter indeed. But the patch series has been
merged to `next` by now, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks!

Patrick