Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Garden v1.5.0 released!

From: David Aguilar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 19:55:07 -0700

Hello Git Developers, I hope you've all been well.

I am pleased to announce that Garden v1.5.0 is now available.

- Garden prebuilt binaries: https://github.com/garden-rs/garden/releases

- Garden on crates.io: https://crates.io/crates/garden-tools

- Garden source repository: https://gitlab.com/garden-rs/garden

Please follow the release notes link below for a full list of changes.

What is Garden?
---------------

Garden grows and cultivates collections of Git trees.
Garden is a mashup of a simple yet powerful command runner and a
multi-repo Git configuration manager.

Garden helps you define development workflows that operate over
collections of self-contained and inter-dependent Git worktrees.

Garden aids in common development setup steps such as setting
environment variables, configuring search paths, and creating
arbitrary groupings of repositories for development.

Garden's is a tool that helps you,

- Bootstrap Git-based development environments from source.

- Apply Git remotes and git configuration to freshly cloned
  repositories.

- Define arbitrary collections of Git repositories for running commands.

- Define environment variables scoped to specific projects or trees.

- Define custom commands and workflows.

- Leverage your existing shell scripting knowledge. If you already know
  (bash/zsh/etc) shell then you can learn to use `garden` with minimal
  effort.

Garden is configured using YAML files extended with a simple shell
expression syntax. Garden lets you define (multi-repository) workflows
using the vast ecosystem of UNIX command-line tools.

Read the Garden User Guide @ https://garden-rs.gitlab.io/
for details on how to use and configure Garden.

Read the Garden release notes @ https://garden-rs.gitlab.io/changelog.html
for a full list of new features and enhancements.

Have fun!
-- 
David