Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/3] builtin/tag.c: add --trailer arg

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 07:54:22 +0200

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 06:54:22PM +0000, John Passaro via GitGitGadget wrote:
> From: John Passaro <[email-masked]>
> 
> git-tag currently supports interpreting trailers from an annotated tag
> message, using --list --format="%(trailers)". There is no ergonomic way
> to add trailers to an annotated tag message.
> 
> In a previous patch, we refactored git-commit's implementation of its
> --trailer arg to the trailer.h API. Let's use that new function to teach
> git-tag the same --trailer argument, emulating as much of git-commit's
> behavior as much as possible.
> 
> Signed-off-by: John Passaro <[email-masked]>
> Helped-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>

Same comment here regarding the order of trailers.

Other than that this commit looks good to me, thanks!

Patrick