Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/5] refs: remove functions without ref store

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 13:27:34 -0400

On Tue, May 07, 2024 at 09:11:34AM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is the second version of my patch series that aims to remove
> functions from "refs.h" that implicitly rely on `the_repository` to
> obtain the ref store.
>
> There's only a single change compared to v1. As discussed, we want to
> give in-flight patch series a bit more guidance when they add new calls
> to the now-removed functions. This is done in the form of a new section
> with ifdef'd function declarations for every removed function. These are
> easily greppable and trivially show the author of the series how they
> are supposed to adapt to the new world.
>
> Thanks for all the feedback!

Thanks for the range-diff, which is definitely helpful for reviewing
this round ;-).

Having followed the discussions in the previous round, particularly
Junio's comments about #ifdefing the declarations of the removed
funcitons, I think that this round is in good shape.

    Acked-by: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>

Thanks,
Taylor