Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] ci: stop installing "gcc-13" for osx-gcc

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 10:25:20 +0200

On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 04:11:32AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 02:36:19PM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
[snip]
> One can guess that scalar is in waitpid() waiting for git-fetch. But
> what's fetch waiting on? The other side of upload-pack is dead.
> According to lsof, it does have a unix socket open to fsmonitor. So
> maybe it's trying to read there?

That was also my guess. I tried whether disabling fsmonitor via
`core.fsmonitor=false` helps, but that did not seem to be the case.
Either because it didn't have the desired effect, or because the root
cause is not fsmonitor. No idea which of both it is.

> Curiously killing fsmonitor doesn't un-stick fetch, and nor does killing
> fetch unstick scalar. So either my guesses above are wrong, or there's
> something else weird causing them to hang.
> 
> I imagine there may be better tools to poke at things, but I'm at the
> limits of my macOS knowledge. But maybe the recipe above is enough for
> somebody more clueful to recreate and investigate the situation (it
> probably would also be easy to just run the --stress script locally if
> somebody actually has a mac).

Let's hope it is :)

Patrick