Subject: [PATCH] t/t1700-split-index.sh: mv -v is not portable

From: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 17:27:41 +0200

The -v option for mv is not specified by POSIX.  The illumos
implementation of mv does not support -v.  Since we do not need the
verbose mv output we just drop -v for mv.

Signed-off-by: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t1700-split-index.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t1700-split-index.sh b/t/t1700-split-index.sh
index a7b7263b35..ac4a5b2734 100755
--- a/t/t1700-split-index.sh
+++ b/t/t1700-split-index.sh
@@ -527,7 +527,7 @@ test_expect_success 'reading split index at alternate location' '
 
 	# ... and, for backwards compatibility, in the current GIT_DIR
 	# as well.
-	mv -v ./reading-alternate-location/.git/sharedindex.* .git &&
+	mv ./reading-alternate-location/.git/sharedindex.* .git &&
 	GIT_INDEX_FILE=./reading-alternate-location/.git/index \
 	git ls-files --cached >actual &&
 	test_cmp expect actual