Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/3] run-command: show prepared command

From: Ian Wienand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 17:18:48 +1000

On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 11:09:01PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> So with this applied on top of the topic, 'seen' does pass with
> SHELL_PATH set to say /bin/dash, but this still fails CI jobs on
> Windows.  

Sigh, it looks like windows uses prepare_shell_cmd() instead.  I think
it's still probably valid to dump the full command there for the same
reasons, which I'll add in v4.

I've reduced to the check to just look for the trace prefix.  This is
enough to ensure we don't regress by removing it; the exact details of
what comes out really isn't the main point -- it's that the log is
there at all to help you debug what is being run.

> Oh by the way, I just noticed that there is an apparent leftover
> debugging statement that accesses outside the test playpen.  When
> you reroll the patch, please make sure that "cp output /tmp/output"
> is removed.

Done

-i