Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] mv: move src_dir cleanup to end of cmd_mv()

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2024 10:19:41 +0200

On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 04:15:12AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 09:24:34AM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> 
> > > Looks like no. The obvious candidate would be t7002-mv-sparse-checkout,
> > > but it looks like the sparse-checkout code has minor leaks itself.
> > 
> > Okay, thanks for double checking! I was mostly asking because I plan to
> > send another leak fixes series to the mailing list later this week.
> 
> OK, good news. t7002 _does_ trigger the leak fixed in my patch. You just
> can't tell because of all of the sparse-checkout leaks. ;)
> 
> The (messy) patch below gets it to a leak-free state when applied on
> top. Do you want me to do another mini-series with it, or do you want to
> just roll it into what you're doing (I won't be surprised if you've
> already found some of these).

Well, with all the leaks that we have in our codebase it's not all that
likely that we actually work on the same ones :) For the record, my
patch series is 29 patches long by now and makes another 76 test suites
pass. But none of those fixes touch any of the code you touched.

So given that my patch series is already way too long, and given that
there shouldn't be any conflicts, I wouldn't mind if this was spun out
into a separate series.

Patrick