Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 4/4] unbundle: introduce option VERIFY_BUNDLE_FSCK_FOLLOW_FETCH

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2024 14:06:47 +0200

On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 08:21:30AM +0000, Xing Xin via GitGitGadget wrote:
> From: Xing Xin <[email-masked]>

Same here, the important part is not that we introduce the flag, but
that we start using it in `unbundle_from_file()`.

> diff --git a/bundle-uri.c b/bundle-uri.c
> index 066ff788104..e7ebac6ce57 100644
> --- a/bundle-uri.c
> +++ b/bundle-uri.c
> @@ -373,7 +373,7 @@ static int unbundle_from_file(struct repository *r, const char *file)
>  	 * the prerequisite commits.
>  	 */
>  	if ((result = unbundle(r, &header, bundle_fd, NULL,
> -			       VERIFY_BUNDLE_QUIET | VERIFY_BUNDLE_FSCK_ALWAYS)))
> +			       VERIFY_BUNDLE_QUIET | VERIFY_BUNDLE_FSCK_FOLLOW_FETCH)))
>  		return 1;
>  
>  	/*

One thing that is a bit weird is that we first change `unbundle()` to
use `FSCK_ALWAYS` in a preceding patch, and then convert it to use
`FSCK_FOLLOW_FETCH` in the same series. It could be restructured a bit
to first introduce the flags, only, while not modifying any of the
callsites yet. Passing the respective flags would then be done in a
separate commit.

Patrick