Subject: [PATCH v2 1/4] ref: initialize "fsck_ref_report" with zero

From: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2024 00:07:50 +0800

In "fsck.c::fsck_refs_error_function", we need to tell whether "oid" and
"referent" is NULL. So, we need to always initialize these parameters to
NULL instead of letting them point to anywhere when creating a new
"fsck_ref_report" structure.

The original code explicitly specifies the ".path" field to initialize
the "fsck_ref_report" structure. However, it introduces confusion how we
initialize the other fields. In order to avoid this, initialize the
"fsck_ref_report" with zero to make clear that everything in
"fsck_ref_report" is zero initialized.

Mentored-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Mentored-by: Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
---
 refs/files-backend.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/refs/files-backend.c b/refs/files-backend.c
index 8d6ec9458d..d6fc3bd67c 100644
--- a/refs/files-backend.c
+++ b/refs/files-backend.c
@@ -3446,7 +3446,7 @@ static int files_fsck_refs_name(struct ref_store *ref_store UNUSED,
 		goto cleanup;
 
 	if (check_refname_format(iter->basename, REFNAME_ALLOW_ONELEVEL)) {
-		struct fsck_ref_report report = { .path = NULL };
+		struct fsck_ref_report report = {0};
 
 		strbuf_addf(&sb, "%s/%s", refs_check_dir, iter->relative_path);
 		report.path = sb.buf;
-- 
2.46.0